I am sure that many of you won’t conform to my use of the word “divine” for these masterpieces of guitaring…but i’ve always felt something very divine, something very mystic about solos in these songs. Each time I hear to these solos, I feel more attached to them.
1. For the Love of God (Steve Vai) – this is one solo that i have truly fallen in love with… vai’s fuckin amazing!!!
2. November Rain (Slash) – the 2 solos in the song touch ur heart
3. Stairway To Heaven (Jimmy Page) – a classic in every sense
4. Comfortably Numb (David Gilmour) – this solo is one of the best psychedelic pieces i’ve ever heard
5. Blaze Of Glory (Jon Bon Jovi) – got an acoustic feel to it
6. Alive (Mike McCready) – a masterpiece
7. Black Star (Yngwie Malmsteen) – one of my favourites
8. Since I’ve been loving you (Jimmy Page) – Page has delivered it very nicely
9. Hotel California (Joe Walsh, Don Felder) – classic piece of twin lead guitaring
10. Floods (Dimebag Darrell) – very intense, dark and heavy…gud show of Darrell’s diversity
11. Knockin on Heaven’s Door (Slash) – melodious and soothing
12. Time (David Gilmor) – One of Gilmor’s bests
13. The Unforgiven (Kirk Hammett) – a touching piece
14. Wanted Alive Or Alive (Richie Sambora) – sambora makes an impact
15. Top Gun Theme (Joe Satriani) – probably one of the most identifiable solos… Satriani is the best!!
try hearing to the solos in these songs and fall in love with them….
P.S.: 1. this is not the list of my most favourite guitar solos. it would have been different.
2. havent been checking on the blogosphere activity for quite sometime… 😦
3. written two posts in succession for the first time 🙂